Ever fallen in love with a bedroom at first sight? This bedroom is layered up in seven greys from the Resene paint range, and is all at once romantic, calming and beautiful.
Here's why it works
- It's been said many times before, but grey is a fantastic colour to layer up and use in different shades. It's a neutral that's a bit bolder than white, and not as blatant as black.
- Speaking of layering up, painting the floor in a strong colour and then painting the walls in a lighter shade is such a cool effect. Here, the stylist has used Resene Half Foundry for the floor and Resene Double Stack for the walls.
- We love how the tree branch pattern is a recurring theme, yet doesn't overwhelm... from the bedhead, to the metal shelf, to the bed linen and wallpapered side table.
- Angels and angel wings have been used as symbolism in art for centuries, to depict such things as protection, romanticism, power, and beauty. These wings were painted with a paint effect using Resene Armadillo, Resene Stack, Resene Pure Pewter (metallic) and Resene Proton (metallic). It's a stunning piece and pulls the whole look together.
- And how about those pops of blue, white and yellow that brighten up the bedroom in all the right ways? Happy, summery colours you can keep all year long.