Want to know the rules on the site?
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
When you subscribe to a Habitat newsletter or register on the Habitat website we collect personal information about you. By registering your details on our website, you consent to Habitat maintaining, recording, holding and using personal data we collect about you.
From time to time Habitat and Resene will send you information. If you would prefer not to receive emails from Habitat and Resene there is an unsubscribe link on all our newsletters and EDMs. Habitat and Resene do not, and will not, sell or supply data about you or any of our subscribers to organisations outside of Habitat and Resene.
Habitat uses "cookies" placed in the browser file to help us collect general information about the behaviour of visitors on our site. This helps us to constantly monitor and improve our website’s functionality and personality.
Right to access your information, request correction or delete personal information.
Under the Privacy Act 2020 you have the right to access personal information that we hold about you and to request correction of that information.
If you want us to delete information about you, please note that we may need to retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. When you unsubscribe from email communications, we will keep your email address to ensure that we do not send you any email communications in the future. If you want to find out what personal information Habitat by Resene holds about you or if you have any privacy questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us by email at [email protected] or by mail to Habitat by Resene, ICG Media, 20 Vestey Drive, Mt Wellington, Auckland 1060, New Zealand