Painting a nursery? Two-toned walls give a room interest, without being heavily themed. This gives the room more longevity as the baby grows into a child – just change out the accessories. Stylist LeeAnn Yare takes us through this nursery room reveal.
Nursery top tips
· Muted colours, like the Resene Westar and Resene Quarter Merino used on this room, are very soothing. There actually is some science behind using soft colours in a baby’s room!
· These types of warm neutrals also have a lovely eco edge or even a Scandi style so would fit into a house’s wider scheme of neutral colours or on-trend greys.
· With the two-toned wall, the room is given interest but isn’t heavily themed. This gives the room a bit more longevity as the baby grows into a child. Just change out the accessories.
· Use the bedlinen or an artwork like this cute fox as a starting point for the colour scheme.
· Don’t forget the details. We’ve made a mobile of plain timber decorations partly painted in Resene Romantic, and fun box shelves with backs painted in Resene Westar.
Published on Nov 09, 2015
Resene Quarter Merino
Published 1 month 2 weeks ago
Keep daytime deliveries secure with this simple to build box that doubles as a seat.
Published 2 months 1 week ago
Rain or shine, you and your kids will never get tired of looking at these...
Published 3 months ago