01 May 2013
While autumn has so far given us fairly mild days, winter is just around the corner. Warming your house may be easier than you think:
· Close curtains as soon as the sun goes down (Resene Curtain Collection Designite in colour Merlot pictured)
· Block the chimney in any unused fireplaces
· Installing draught seals around doors and windows
· Install underfloor and ceiling insulation – one of the most cost-effective investments you can make, says The Energy Efficiency and Conservation Authority (EECA)
· Install clean, effective forms of heating ilike modern wood and wood-pellet burners, ENERGY STAR® qualified heat pumps and ENERGY STAR qualified gas heaters and fireplaces.
For more information: www.energywise.govt.nz.