DIY Christmas centrepiece
20 Dec 2017
Create a Christmas centrepiece for the table by adding a bit of sparkle to some old baskets. Sarah Herring shows us this quick and easy upcycle.
You will need
- Testpot brushes
- Resene testpots in Resene Sumptuous, Resene Balance, Resene FX Metallic Silver Aluminium
- Flower baskets
1. Take the baskets and paint each one a different colour. Woven and dry textures don’t require sanding or priming but they can still be tricky to paint.
2. Use the opposite colour to apply a splattered paint effect to each basket. You might like to experiment with techniques, but either running your fingers over a loaded brush or simply flicking a loaded brush over the baskets works.
Make sure you are doing this in an open space where you won’t inadvertently splatter the walls or furniture.
3. Once the paint splatters have dried, splatter Resene FX Metallic Silver Aluminium to give a festive sparkle.
4. Once the paint has dried, fill your baskets with Christmas crackers, beads and baubles and use as a modern centrepiece for your table. Merry Christmas!
This DIY is brought to you by Upcycling for Good, a collaboration between Resene and The Salvation Army family stores. The project asks keen DIYers to upcycle second-hand items using Resene paint – look out for this regular feature on Habitat by Resene.