Mini makeover: summer drinks tray
25 Jan 2017
Summer is popular for entertaining and it's nice to serve your guests in style. Show off your creative flair with an upcycled drinks tray like this one... and nobody needs to how easy it was to make.
This project by Nikki Astwood of Revised Edition has an ombre colour palette, starting with the beautiful and bright Resene Niagara as a start. Think of colours that will complement your glassware, and go from there.
And don't forget to message us or post your DIY projects using Resene paint on our Facebook page. We love hearing from you.
You will need
Scissors, sandpaper, masking tape, Resene testpots of your chosen colours, testpot brushes, a ruler, and a tray.
- Using a ruler, mask up lines on the tray ready to paint.
- Roughly sand the tray to provide a ‘key’ for the paint. Place the masking tape in the desired pattern over the tray and into the interior.
- Use the Resene testpots to paint over the areas you would like to see colour. Our colours are Resene Niagara, Resene Reservoir and Resene Zircon.
- Peel off the tape before it dries.
- Give it a few hours to dry, and then cheers! Clink to your beautiful new drinks tray.
Remember to message us or post your DIY projects using Resene paint on our Facebook page. We love hearing from you.