Mini makeover: cool for (after) school
08 Feb 2017
With the kids back to school, no doubt there will be homework starting to trickle in. Keep their study space in order with these two fun and colourful projects using Resene testpots, by Nikki Astwood of Revised Edition.
Rainbow-inspired pen holder
Who wouldn't want to keep their stationery organised when you have this cool pen holder on hand?
You will need
Toilet paper rolls, paint brush, Resene testpots in Resene Riptide, Resene Wild Thing, Resene Smitten, Resene Deep Koamaru, Resene Hi Jinx and Resene Sea World, pencil, ruler and super glue.
- Paint each toilet roll using the Resene testpots and leave to dry.
- Using the ruler and pencil, draw a straight line from top to bottom on each toilet roll.
- Work out how the rolls are stacked and start super gluing together.
- Once dry, it's ready to use! Encourage the kids to keep all their pens, markers, coloured pencils, etc. neatly in the stack.
This mini blackboard is a nice feature for the desk, allowing parents and kids alike to write small reminders during the school term.
You will need
Old picture frame (wood), Resene Quick Dry primer (optional), Resene Blackboard Paint, roller and tray, and Resene testpot in Resene Buzz.
- Take the frame apart and paint the pieces in Resene Quick Dry primer.
- Once dry, paint the frame in Resene Buzz.
- Paint the backboard of the frame in Resene Blackboard Paint, using the roller for a smooth finish. Leave to dry.
- Put the pieces back together and get chalking!
Remember to message us or post your DIY projects using Resene paint on our Facebook page. We love hearing from you.